All information provided here is the opinion of posters – it’s not our view. Sometimes messages are posted that are misleading or downright wrong. Most users are helpful but there are always a few bad apples. Don’t rely on information being accurate or complete. If you do, it’s at your own risk. Please do your own research before acting.
We can be liable for what you post. When you post something, not only are you liable for what you say, but we can become liable too as the host. So it’s not a case of posting what you like, and we can delete posts if needed. Of course, our aim is to ensure legitimate information about saving money or fighting for consumer rights stays.
Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion – with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them.
Please be nice to all . That’s the site motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue.
We will reject your contribution if:
- It’s about something different (off-topic) – sometimes we may move it to a different category;
- It’s defamatory or libellous, illegal or contains false statements;
- It refers to a case that’s active in the UK courts;
- It contains material that may be protected by an injunction or court order;
- It contains material that could be confidential or commercially sensitive;
- It could cause personal distress or loss. This includes content that could intrude into someone’s personal grief or shock without their consent;
- It accuses an identifiable person or organisation of a crime;
- It names individual officials of public bodies, unless they are senior managers;
- It contains party political material
- It’s nonsense or a joke
- It’s an advert, spam, or promotes a specific product or service
- It contains swearing or other offensive language
- It’s offensive or extreme in its views. That includes content that attack, criticise or negatively focus on an individual or a group of people because of characteristics such as their age, disability, ethnic origin, gender identity, medical condition, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation